Information We Obtain
We may obtain personal information (such as name, contact details and payment information) in connection with various activities such as (i) use of the Rush Order website and applications, (ii) events in which we participate, and (iii) promotions and other offers.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address, and telephone or fax number)
- Example: Shipping information and information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content.
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information.
- Information provided in response to surveys
- Username, password and other credentials used to access Rush Order products and services
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages or elsewhere on the Internet (such as other public locations), and information (such as email address and other information you allow to be shared) we obtain through Rush Order-related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins.
- The geographic location of your device when browsing our website.
- Payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and billing address) and financial information (such as bank account number) in circumstances in which you request products or services for which this information is required.
- Tax identification number in circumstances in which you request products or services for which this information is required.
- Other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain a Rush Order service.
When we ship orders or provide other services, we may obtain physical location data. This includes, for example, data identifying the actual location of a physical address and images of various locations.
In addition, when you visit our websites or interact with Rush Order-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken, and dates and times of activity. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages or apps to web servers and may be used to transmit information back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain and store “clickstream data” to tell us usage patterns. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. We also may use third-party analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites or apps. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites or apps. Both we and others (such as our advertising networks) may collect personal information about our visitors’ online activities, over time and across third-party websites, when using our websites and apps.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins on our websites and apps, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we obtain to:
- Ship individual orders
- Provide products and services you request (such as logistics, supply chain management, and contact center services)
- Process and collect payments
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions, and comments
- Establish and manage your Rush Order account
- Offer your products and services we believe may interest you
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, and other offers or promotions
- Enable you to post on our blogs and interact with Rush Order through social media
- Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so
- Process claims we receive in connection with our services
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing, and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services, websites, and apps; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities)
- Perform data analyses (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
On our websites and apps, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. This section of our Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. To perform our supply-chain services, we share order related data such as name, address, email address, and phone number with third parties such as shippers, consignees, third party payors and recipients. We also share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
Information collected through third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (such as information obtained through third-party login services or relating to your use of a Facebook “Like” button) is collected directly by the providers of these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the features, and Rush Order is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, or contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request. Consistent with the choices available in the “Information We Share” section, you may withdraw your consent or object to certain information sharing by contacting us as indicated below. In addition, as required by law, you may object at any time on legitimate grounds and free of charge to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below.
How To Access Your Information
Subject to applicable law, (i) you may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies by contacting us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
For your convenience and information, our websites and apps may contain links to non-Rush Order places that may be operated by companies not affiliated with Rush Order. These companies may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. Our services also may be made available to you through third-party platforms or through other third-party channels. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-Rush Order places or services.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law. We use contractual protections for the transfer of personal information among various jurisdictions.
Security and Protection of your Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by e-mail or via our “Contact Us” page.